- Gordon Publishing Ltd grants you a non-exclusive non transferable single user licence to access and use the materials for your personal, private or business research purposes.
Restrictions on use
You may not:
- make multiple printouts or copies of the materials for distribution to others unless prior written authorisation has been obtained from Gordon Publishing Ltd
- make the service or any materials available on a local area network, a wide area network or on any intranet or extranet (a separate, multi-user licence is available for this purpose)
- download, store, reproduce, transmit, display, publish, copy, distribute or use the materials other than as permitted in paragraph 1 above.
You must not:
- do or attempt to do anything which may or is intended to infringe the security of this website or to breach security measures employed on it
- access or attempt to access information and/or data which you have not got express authority to access
- use or attempt to use any program, software or other means to interfere with this website or its content or functionality in any way
- do or attempt to do anything which may or is intended to result in any server or other computer crashing or the deletion, corruption, loss or removal of any information or data on any server or other computer or the transmission of any computer virus
We will take any infringement of the above extremely seriously and will take or prosecute and/or co-operate in the taking or prosecution of proceedings (whether civil or criminal and whether on our own behalf or by or on behalf of any other person or authority) for any infringement of the same.
Passwords and security
- Any password issued is for your personal use and must not be shared with others whether in your organisation or otherwise.
- You are entirely and solely responsible for the use and misuse of your registration details and password by third parties whether authorised by you or not.
- If we suspect that your password is being used by an unauthorised person we will cancel your password.
- We will suspend and/or cancel your access to the service at any time without compensation if we suspect, on reasonable grounds, that you have breached these terms and conditions.
- Gordon Publishing Ltd may from time to time at its own discretion and without notice amend particular programs, information and facilities of the service and the materials.
- The materials included in the service are provided for reference purposes only. They are not intended either as a substitute for professional advice or judgement or to provide legal or other advice with respect to particular circumstances.
- While all reasonable efforts are made to keep the materials up to date, you are advised to obtain independent verification or advice before relying on any piece of information in circumstances where loss or damage may result
- The service is provided on an 'as is' basis without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including but not limited to warranties of performance, availability, merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, accuracy, omissions, completeness, timeliness, delays.
- Gordon Publishing Ltd does not give any warranty that access to the service will be uninterrupted or continuously available. You acknowledge and accept that non-availability of the service may restrict access to the service from time to time.
- Gordon Publishing Ltd accepts no responsibility for the content of any website which provides a link to the service and Gordon Publishing Ltd has no control over, or accepts responsibility for, the content, use by you or availability of any website to which the service is linked. It is your sole responsibility to take all protective measures to guard against viruses or other destructive elements which may exist on third-party sites.
- The e-mail advice service is available between 9.00 am to 5.00 pm Monday to Friday on working office days.
- Advice can only be given to subscribers who have a current, paid subscription.
- Subscribers can e-mail queries on an unlimited number of different matters. However, any single matter that requires more than 20 minutes of advice in total, or, for example, requires the drafting of documentation or detailed written advice, is not covered by this service. Subscribers will be informed in advance as and when this becomes the case.
- Subscribers should note that the advice provided will carry a disclaimer for any legal liability owing to the fact that they will not have entered into a formal relationship with T E Law, the provider of the service. Should you choose to take your enquiry further, this will change once T E Law send you their terms of business.
- Some areas of work are automatically not covered in your subscription, for example certain types of health and safety law (e.g. HSE investigations), advice or work for third parties (i.e. clients of consultants), personal employment advice, and hypothetical or academic matters (queries must relate to ‘live’ workplace issues).
- Calls may be recorded for training and monitoring purposes.
- Subscribers can benefit from preferential rates from TE Law for dealing with any matters outside the scope of the e-mail legal support as outlined above.
- You acknowledge that the copyright, trademarks, and all other intellectual property rights subsisting in or used in connection with the service and materials are the property of Gordon Publishing Ltd and you may not use the service or the materials in any way that infringes the intellectual property rights in them.
Limitation of liability
- Gordon Publishing Ltd shall not be liable to you in contract, tort, delict or otherwise for any direct loss or any consequential loss including loss of revenue business, anticipated savings or profits, loss of goodwill or data howsoever arising suffered by you in connection with the service (whether or not caused by the negligence of Gordon Publishing Ltd).
- Gordon Publishing Ltd shall have no liability to you for any interruption or delay in access to the service irrespective of the cause, or for any loss of revenue, or any other direct or indirect damage or claims caused by your access to the service.
Confidentiality and data protection
- Any personal data collected by Gordon Publishing Ltd in the performance of this agreement will be kept confidential and used only for the purposes of performing this agreement and Gordon Publishing Ltd will process any such personal data in accordance with the provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998.
- Payment may be made by BACS transfer. If we agree to allow you to make payment by invoice you must provide us with an address to which to send that invoice. You must pay the invoice within 30 days of receipt or on the payment terms specified on the invoice if these are different. If you do not do so Gordon Publishing Ltd reserves the right to charge interest on any outstanding sums at the rate of 2% above the base rate of HSBC from time to time.
Law and jurisdiction
- This agreement will be governed by English Law. The English courts will have exclusive jurisdiction over any disputes arising under this agreement.