|How the contract is recorded|
|Other contract terms|
- A contract of employment will exist from the moment an unconditional job offer is made and accepted.
- It does not matter that the employee has no written contract; contracts can be oral or written and are often a mixture of both.
- The employee also need not have started work in order for there to be a contract of employment.
- A contract of employment is created in the same way as any other contract. There are 3 essential elements: an unconditional offer of employment; acceptance by the successful applicant; and consideration (the remuneration paid to the employee in exchange for their work). The parties must intend to enter into the contract and its terms must be sufficiently certain.
- In cases of disputed terms, or where a contract does not deal with a disputed matter, the relevant provision may be implied into the contract....The full version of this article is available to subscribers only. To read the full article you must sign in.
Or Find out more about subscription